WIlliam mentioned a couple nights ago that he wanted to make a leprechaun trap. I thought ok, this will pass and he'll forget. Well he didn't and he and Siena spent a good hour discussing leprechauns and how to trap them. William said, "I hope they don't jump too high and come and get us!" I had fears of waking up to leprechaun nightmares, or they would be awake by 5 am . I helped out a little suggesting of Barbie chairs and my gold jewelry. Will wasn't sure what they liked to eat, but after much thought decided chocolate and water. So, we got chocolate chips (because they are small enough) and a tea cup of water to trap the leprechauns. There was also a pillow and sheet, gold in a treasure chest and under the sheet (you know to trick them). William was concerned the leprechauns would steal my gold jewelry, but I assured him it would be ok. So here are pictures of last night:
Dear William and Siena,
Happy St. Patrick's Day. Thank you for the chocolates and water, they are our favorite. We decided to just look at the gold jewelry instead of stealing it this year. You almost tricked us. Don't forget to wear green!
From,
Your Leprechauns
William and Siena also found little green footprints all over the "leprechaun trap." They looked all over the house for more footprints, but only found them in their room. I love this age, these two couldn't be more cute and creative.

No comments:
Post a Comment